990 equivalents found
1. The certificate about meeting with agent “Džon” about the situation on the ship “Bremen Chorst Bishop”.In this paper, the agent supplies information about the ship, where he sails: the crew, journey.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-1, ap. 46, b. 966, l. 28-29
2. Letter from the USSR KGB PGU regarding material assistance to Agent Ivanauskas.The USSR PGU reports that it has allocated $ 1,000 to an agent operating abroad.
Country: Soviet Union
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-35, ap. 2, b. 652, l. 38.
3. Instruction No. 37s dated 23 July 1991 and issued by Major General V. Ponomariov, deputy chairman of the KGB of the USSR.The document provides an overview of the activities of the KGB of the Ukrainian SSR.
Country: Soviet Union
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-51, ap. 1, b. 69, l. 160-166
4. Instruction No. 25 dated 27 June 1991 and issued by the USSR KGB and Customs Committee.The document provides an overview of the cooperation of the KGB and customs on issues concerning smuggling.
Country: Soviet Union
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-51, ap. 1, b. 69, l. 85-86
5. The paper from the 1st division of the LSSR KGB to the Head of the 1st Board of the USSR KGB of the Kaliningrad region regarding the return of Artūras Vaičiulis cover documents.This document reflects how the KGB operative worked under cover according to the created legend.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-35, ap. 2, b. 787, l. 21-4
6. Letter by LSSR KGB Acting Chairman Maj Gen S. Caplin to the Chief of LSSR KGB Service No. 1 on the agency-operational measures against intelligence activities of special services in the field of public foreign relations.This document discloses the agency, operational, propagandist measures taken by the KGB against the activated émigrés and foreign special services and information control in the field of various Lithuanian contacts with the West.
Archive signature: LYA, f. K-35, ap. 2, b. 656, l. 4-5
7. Report of LSSR KGB First Department on the political intelligence of LSSR KGB First Department in 1990.In this document, a report on the political intelligence in 1990 is presented. The agency-operational activity, use of “active measures”, work with agents and reliable people, information and organizational work are described. It is stated that by reducing the political intelligence agents by 60% and with no opportunities of general operation with the local authorities remaining, new forms and methods of agency work are searched for.
Archive signature: LYA, f. K-35, ap. 2, b. 649, l. 1-3
8. Letter from the USSR KGB to R. Marcinkus, Head of the Lithuanian SSR division of the KGB, regarding the publication of an alternative to the collection of documents on post-war fights published by the Lithuanian Institute of History.This document refers to the publication of an alternative publication on post-war history, which would provide a pro-Soviet version.
Country: Soviet Union
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-1, ap. 10, b. 616, l. 77
9. The work report of the 2nd branch of the 2nd Department of the KGB of the LSSR for the year 1990.The document contains information about KGB activities in Lithuania after restoration of independence in 1990.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-1, ap. 46, b. 912, l. 29-34;57-66
10. A plan of professional preparation studies for 1990 – 1991 of the operational staff of the LSSR KGB First Department, dated 9 October 1990, by Col V. Karinauskas , Chief of the LSSR KGB First DepartmentIn this document, a plan of professional preparation studies of the First Department and their themes for separate subunits of that Department is provided.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-35, ap. 2, b. 656, 1. 1-3ap
11. Reference on the composition and work of LSSR KGB First Department.This document reviews the composition, age and work record of the staff of the First Department, the intelligence reserve, the social position (lodging, cars) of the staff, the department structure and their tasks. Also the proposals are provided how to act with the change of the political situation after 11 March 1990 and after part of the agents refused to cooperate with the KGB. It is proposed to strengthen the cover enterprise cooperative “Planeta”.
Archive signature: LYA, f. K-35, ap. 2, b. 648, l. 1-4
12. The cipher telegram from the 1st department of the LSSR KGB to the USSR KGB PGU about the negotiations of the Bank of Lithuania regarding litas.This telegram reflects negotiations with foreign firms about the printing of Lithuanian currency.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-35, ap. 2, b. 450, l. 268-270
13. Resolution of the LSSR KGB Board on the fulfillment of the official and military duty of KGB employees under the existing political and operational circumstances.In this letter, the KGB Board provides recommendations to KGB departments how to behave at the change of the political situation and KGB status in the country after 11 March 1990. KGB subdivisions are urged to further continue their activities within the limits of their competence. Major attention should be devoted to the observation of public sentiments, émigrés, public organizations, activity of self-protection squads, protection of military objects and KGB collected information. Special attention shall be devoted to the maintenance of agent apparatus, protection of conspiracy, ensuring continuity of its activity, as well as improving the mutual cooperation between the departments, to make efforts to keep the cadres, to improve their activity, professionalism and motivation under the new conditions of activity.
Archive signature: LYA, f. K-1, ap. 46, b. 261, l. 186 - 190
14. The report from the LSSR KGB about monetary revaluation to the secret apartment keeper “Saulė”.In this document, there is a request to the Chairman of the LSSR KGB to provide money for the owner of apartments that are used for meeting.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-35, ap. 2, b. 636, l. 27.
15. Order of 10 March 1990 by LSSR KGB Chairman Col R. Marcinkus on the creation of a LSSR KGB group of fast reaction.By this order, on the basis of USSR KGB resolutions, KGB groups of fast reaction shall be established in the major cities of Lithuania, and they should be used for special circumstances to defend KGB buildings, operational employees, and documents. A list of the employees, appointed to the operational groups, is also provided.
Archive signature: LYA, f. K-51, ap. 4, b. 12, l. 86 – 89
16. Plan of the Z service of the LSSR KGB explaining the intentions of some informal organizations to acquire weapons.This letter highlights the intents of informal movements and groups to acquire weapons, and what measures were taken.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-1, ap. 46, b. 2190, l. 21-27
17. Letter from R. Marcinkus, Chairman of the LSSR KGB, to the USSR KGB regarding the Supreme Soviet’s request for access to the files of repressed persons.This document asks the USSR KGB to allow researchers to access the documents of repressed persons.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-1, ap. 10, b. 533, l. 69
18. Order of 5 February 1990 by LSSR KGB Chairman Maj Gen E. Eismuntas on the measures to ensure the security of KGB buildings and employees.This document reflects the KGB preparation for possible excesses against KGB departments, ensuring the safety of buildings, officers and their families; it was of special importance for regional departments, which face the high pressure on the part of the society. KGB recommends to take the following measures: to collect information about possible acts, directed against KGB departments, buildings and other objects, which KGB is obligated to protect, as well its employees with families, and prevent such acts, to ensure technical and physical protection of objects and premises, to prepare plans of action under extreme conditions, plans for evacuation and destruction of documents, as well as operational measures.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-51, ap. 1, b. 13, l. 1-2
19. The operational inspection file cards DON No 2348 opened by the LSSR KGB on Vytautas Vilkelis.This card indicates, what activities of the person condition opening of the operational file by KGB.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-1, ap. 61, b. 20, Nr. 8540
20. Letter from the Investigation Division of the USSR KGB on legislation prosecuting extremist elements for their unconstitutional activities.This is a list of legal acts that prosecute and try individuals for unconstitutional activities.
Archive signature: LYA, F. K-1, ap. 46, b. 1049, l. 98-104